Thursday, November 17, 2011
Saturday, October 8, 2011
Would you like to continue volunteering with AFS?
Would you like to be more involved in chapter activities?
Would you like to have the opportunity to get to know our hosted students in Malaysia?
Do you find it too hard to make it to events centered in Klang Valley only?
Click here here here!
Monday, September 12, 2011
Gosh it is already September! How time flies, and guess what? We have new events coming up so it's going to be a real exciting and buzzing end of the year.
For now, We are looking for individuals who are passionate about orientation camps and are available to participate in them. Here is a question.
Are you keen on being camp facilitator with AFS?
Have you received formal training with us yet?
If not, then apply today for the next Camp Facilitator's Training!
It's at Quality Hotel, Shah Alam from the 23rd - 25th September, 2011.
What you can do is write to us at email@example.com with a short motivation letter as to why you are interested to join. Hurry! We only have some 4 seats for the Alumni, so serious takers only!
Any questions please comment here or email it to us and we'll reply to you ASAP! :)
Good day all you lovelies.
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Date: 30 July 2011 (Saturday)
Meeting place: Wet World entrance at 10am. Even if you arrive later, just buy a ticket, enter, and follow the group with the most noise :) As much as possible please keep the attendees limited to alumni only, please :)
Price: RM12 (pay on the spot)
How to go:
- By Car - check Google map - 'Wet World Shah Alam'. Parking is free! It's next to an aquarium/fish shop.
- Public transportation - [By rail] Get to Shah Alam KTM Station, then get taxi to Wet World (shouldn't cost more than RM10 - come with fellow returnees and share the cost :). [By bus] Bus U80 (RM2.50 one-way from KL Sentral) will stop in front of SIRIM Shah Alam, then you can walk to the theme park :)
Attire: Shirts and shorts/sweat pants are allowed. If possible wear AFS shirts so we can take some nice pictures.
1) Towel and change of clothes.
2) Food (potluck and smuggle in style! - bring something that everybody can enjoy!)
3) Flip flops
4) If you have water guns, BRING IT. If you have balloons suitable to make water bombs, BRING IT.
Contact person: Suraya (0172029658 - text only please!)
Friday, June 3, 2011
The AFS Intercultural link newsletter is UP!
In it, you'll find the key concepts of Intercultural Learning - essential for any international organization participants (and that includes you!) to know.
If you'd like to make contributions towards the newsletter, you can contact us and we'll direct you to the person who made this - Jason Lee - our senior (*cough*, I mean experienced) volunteer and also an AFS Malaysia boardmember.
Get it HERE now!